Both the men's football teams recorded valuable victories at the weekend in their respective championships. The Junior B lads rallied late to take a win over Naomh Padraig Lifford on Friday evening while the Junior A team defeated Naomh Mhuire Convoy on Sunday. The teams are fixed to play Downings this weekend. Please see Facebook for details.
As a curtain raiser to the Junior B game our U-16 footballers played their counterparts from Lifford and recorded a good win.
Last Wednesday the U-21 football team travelled to Killygordan to play Red Hugh's in the preliminary round of the U-21 B Championship. The lads were in full control of the first half and while the Cross men dominated the early stages of the second half Gaels pulled away to take victory.
On Monday evening our U-18 footballers played out an entertaining draw when they welcomed neighbours Termon to Pairc na nGael. Both teams displayed great skill and a draw was a fair result. Well done lads.
Letterkenny Gaels U12 hurlers entertained Four Masters at home on Thursday evening in what was their first game of this years championship. On a terrible evening with very heavy rain the game was very evenly played out. Both sides showed great skill and determination. The gaels equipped themselves very well and ultimately proved to be too strong for the visitors and run out comfortable winners. Several new players who haven't hurled for long gave outstanding performances.
Letterkenny Gaels will hold three weeks of fun at Pairc na nGael, Letterkenny this summer with children getting the chance to play Football, Hurling and Camogie.
- From 25th to 29th of July. We will be hosting the Kellogg's GAA Cúl Camp which provides boys and girls between the ages of 6 and 13 an action-packed and fun-filled week of activity which revolves around maximising enjoyment and sustaining participant involvement in Gaelic Games. We will be hosting one from 25th - 29th of July. Each child participating will receive a jersey, training top and backpack. To book please log on to www.kelloggsculcamps.gaa.ie.
- To finish the summer holidays off our Camogie Camp is scheduled to run from 10th to 12th of August at Pairc na nGael. The camp will be open to girls from 6 - 14 years and will run from 10am - 2.30pm daily. Cost - €20 first girl, €15 second, €10 third, etc. All girls will receive a t-shirt. To book please contact 086 8163605 for more details.
All coaches for our 3 camps are fully Garda vetted and are GAA accredited. The camps are open to all.
Bingo continues every Monday in Arena 7. The Jackpot this week is €2150. Doors from 8pm. Eyes down 9pm. All welcome.
The underage football training continues every Sunday morning at Pairc na nGael from 11am to 12 noon. Please bring water and a mouth guard. New players are always welcome.
- Outdoor Hurling training for U-6, U-8 & U-10 continues every Thursday evening from 6.30pm to 7.30pm. Hurls and helmets provided. New players welcome.
- U-12 to U-18 hurling continues every Tuesday evening from 6.30pm.
- U-12 girls football training takes place at the pitch every Sunday morning from 11am-12noon. All welcome.
- Camogie Training continues at Pairc na nGael every Monday from 6pm-7.30pm for U12s, 14s, 16s & 18s and Friday evenings from 6-7.00pm for U8s, 10s, 12s & 14s.
Michael Murphy Sports are currently stocking a range of Gaels Club merchandise including jerseys, training tops, hats & scarfs.
New members always welcome. Contact 086 8163505 for more details.
For regular club updates and photos see our club web page, Facebook page or follow us on Twitter @LetterkennyGael