Both the reserve and senior teams were defeated at home on Sunday. The lads are free for the next two weeks and will return to action with an away game to Moville on week ending 9th April. See Facebook for details.
Letterkenny Gaels in association with Donegal Camogie will host a bucket collection (permit granted) this Saturday in various locations throughout the town. We are asking for club members to help out with this fundraiser as a percentage of the collection will be donated to the Gaels. If you can spare an hour or two on Saturday please contact Aideen on 086 816 3605 or John on 086 856 1768.
Club members are reminded of the Home Insurance offer we are promoting in association with AIB Bank Letterkenny where members can nominate Letterkenny Gaels as their chosen club when taking out Home Insurance with them. See Club Facebook for more details.
Letterkenny Gaels man David O'Callaghan took charge of the Division 3 reserve game Fanad v Burt at Tria-Loch on Sunday past. David has recently completed the referees course in both Football and Hurling and we wish him well in the coming season. David is no stranger to the big or small ball as he learned his skills and played at the highest level with his native St. Vincent's in Cork.
For anyone who attends Letterkenny Gaels and other Club Games during the season, the GAA Club Pass is a must have. Between our Senior, Reserve and U-21 teams, they will play at least 25 matches during the season. Added to this, if you attend Senior, Intermediate and Junior Championship and other League Games, the Pass will actually save you money. Priced at €149, order yours today by contacting Jim on 086 2271435. **Passes must be ordered no later than Friday 31st March**
Well done to all who braved the terrible weather conditions and took part in the St. Patrick's Day Parade last Friday. Ar mbuíochas d'achan duine a chuidigh leis an obair ullmhúcháin agus d'achan duine a tháinig amach inniu chun siúil. Bhí muid fliuch baite ag an deireadh - ach fíor bhróduil!
- Under 16s girls and younger football training is on every Sunday morning from 11am to 12 noon at Pairc na nGael.
- Over 16/seniors is on Fridays from 6.30pm to 7.30pm at Pairc na nGael. Senior ladies circuit training is on in the Clubroom on Fridays at 6.30 for U-16's, U-18's and senior ladies.
Letterkenny Gaels U-10 Camogie crew travelled to Magherafelt to take part in an Ulster blitz on Saturday last. The girls played 5 matches, some of whom made their first start for Gaels and played brilliantly winning 4 out of 5 games against teams from Tyrone, Antrim & Derry.
- Indoor Camogie Training for U-8 & U-10 has now finished and will resume outdoors in the coming weeks. U-12 & U-14 training continues at the pitch every Monday evening. New players always welcome.
The Minor hurlers travelled to Ballyshannon on Saturday and played out an entertaining draw against Aodh Ruadh in the Minor League. Outdoor training arrangements will be made in the coming weeks. New members welcome. Hurls and helmets can be provided.
On St. Patrick's Day morning our Minor team kicked off their season with a defeat to neighbors St. Eunan's.
- U-6 football continues in the Woodlands school hall from 6-6.45pm every Friday evening. U-8 and U-10 indoor football training continues in the Aura from 11am - 12noon every Sunday. The training will switch outdoors from Sunday April 2nd.
- U-12 football training will also be moving outdoors in the coming weeks with dates and times to be confirmed.
Bingo continues every Monday in Arena 7. The Jackpot this week is €3950. Lines are €40 and Houses are €130. Doors from 8pm. Eyes down 9pm. All welcome.
For regular club updates and photos see our club web page, Facebook page or follow us on Twitter @LetterkennyGael